Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca on 2000/10/13 17:43:52 UTC

[OT] Re: XSL, why another language?

Quoting Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>:

> Very good point, but perl is not available on all platforms :)

But realistically, it is available for many more platforms than Java is. :-)

Arved

 This mail was sent through the Nova Scotia Provincial Server,
 with technical resources provided by Chebucto Community Net.
 http://nsaccess.ns.ca/mail/         http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/

Re: [OT] Re: XSL, why another language?

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Arved_37@chebucto.ns.ca wrote:

> Quoting Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>:
>
> > Very good point, but perl is not available on all platforms :)
>
> But realistically, it is available for many more platforms than Java is. :-)

Correct, but I wouldn't like to require Perl to build FOP, would you?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.