Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/16 13:47:52 UTC

WSS4J 1.5.3

Hi All,

Apache Axis2 1.3 was released a few days ago and we are planning to
release Rampart-1.3 soon. We need a new release of WSS4J for this
release since Rampart depends on the latest changes to WSS4J. Can we
please release WSS4J 1.5.3 to support Rampart-1.3. I will host a
release candidate and send the vote out  today.

I have already created the WSS4J 1.5.3 branch here [1].

Thanks,
Ruchith

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/wss4j/branches/1_5_3

Re: WSS4J 1.5.3 - added some features to UsernameTokenSignature action

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.

> Ruchith, IMHO we are ready to go for 1.5.3 .

Great !!!

Thanks,
Ruchith

--
www.ruchith.org
www.wso2.org

AW: WSS4J 1.5.3 - added some features to UsernameTokenSignature action

Posted by "Dittmann, Werner" <we...@nsn.com>.
All,

some new stuff and some more flexibility was added to the action
UsernameTokenSignature:

- Alberto Coletti provided some code to use the password type digest
  for UsernameTokenSignature. Previously only clear-text passwords
  were possible and requires the encryption on UsernameToken
  to protect the password. If you use the digested password encryption
  is not longer necessary. AFAIK Alberto tested this feature
  also with .Net.

Alberto: can you provide some information how to use this feature together
  with .Net? Configuration, version, etc. ? This would be much appreciated.

- second new feature: I removed the chicken/egg problem for
  UsernameTokenSignature. Now you can include the UsernameToken into
  the signatureParts parameter and have the UsernameToken signed. This
  idea came from some discussions I had with Shawn McKinney and Rohit
  Chauhan. To accomplish this you may use the following deployment
  parameters:

Client:

 <service name="Ping2b">
  <requestFlow>
   <handler type="java:org.apache.ws.axis.security.WSDoAllSender" >
    <parameter name="action" value="UsernameTokenSignature Timestamp"/>
    <parameter name="user" value="Chris"/>
    <parameter name="passwordCallbackClass"
      value="org.apache.ws.axis.oasis.PWCallback1"/>
    <parameter name="passwordType" value="PasswordDigest" />
    <parameter name="signatureParts"
      value="Body;{}{http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd}UsernameToken" />

   </handler>
  </requestFlow>
  </service>

Server:
  <requestFlow>
   <handler type="java:org.apache.ws.axis.security.WSDoAllReceiver">
    <parameter name="passwordCallbackClass" value="org.apache.ws.axis.oasis.PWCallback1"/>
    <parameter name="action" value="UsernameTokenSignature UsernameToken Timestamp"/>
   </handler>
  </requestFlow>

  This setup (for Axis 1 handlers) signs the SOAP Body and the UsernameToken and
  uses password type digest.

Re: WSS4J 1.5.3

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: WSS4J 1.5.3

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.

Re: AW: WSS4J 1.5.3

Posted by Fred Dushin <fr...@dushin.net>.
Do we need to be concerned about this:

http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html

(This just came up with the 2.0.1 CXF release)

-Fred

AW: WSS4J 1.5.3

Posted by "Dittmann, Werner" <we...@nsn.com>.
Ruchith,