Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Noam Wolf <no...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/16 07:16:51 UTC

TException: TSocket: timed out reading 4 bytes from...

I suddenly started seeing this exception after I "beefed" up the object I
was passing over the wire.  That being said this struct has 8 fields 3 of
which are structs that I just added/defined which use only the primitive
types.

My server implementation is written in java but the client implementation is
in php, so I tried passing a bigger buffer into TBufferedTransport (4096)
but I still get the same error.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Re: TException: TSocket: timed out reading 4 bytes from...

Posted by Noam Wolf <no...@gmail.com>.
Yup that fixed it, thanks!!!

--
Best Regards,
Noam Wolf

Re: TException: TSocket: timed out reading 4 bytes from...

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Phillip B Oldham <ph...@gmail.com>.
It's a PHP issue. Try increasing the timeout in the client; worked for me.

--
Phillip B Oldham
phillip.oldham@gmail.com

Re: TException: TSocket: timed out reading 4 bytes from...

Posted by Noam Wolf <no...@gmail.com>.