Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Zachary Pinter <zp...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/14 16:15:21 UTC

FriendlyUrls Preferred Method for index.htm functionality

I've just installed the FriendlyUrls patch and I was wondering what
the preferred method was to get paths to default to certain pages. For
instance, http://myapp.com/ & http://myapp.com/index.htm to forward to
the Home.page or http://myapp.com/admin to forward to admin/Login.htm.

I've started writing some simple servlet filters, but I'm hoping there
is a more straightforward method to accomplish this.

Zachary Pinter
z@absolutez.net

Re: FriendlyUrls Preferred Method for index.htm functionality

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.
If your Home.page is mapped to "index", why not map your Login.page to
"admin/index".  That way your servlet filter logic is easy.
You might even be able to define "index.htm" as a welcome-file and do
without the filter entirely.

Paul