Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/01 20:05:39 UTC

Status admin section

Hi Maxim,

let me give an update about the admin section:
I have completed Users, Configuration, Ldap, Servers.

About the markup for the forms:
I would like to use the fieldset tag and structure everything using CSS.
You can also make nice sub sections using a fieldset.
There are thousands example of forms styled by simply using CSS in the www,
no need to blow up the markup to have the form styled.

Language admin section has the issue with the new/empty labels (JOIN issues
as you described it in your last email).

UserGroups admin section has some exceptions. I would like to finish that.
We need the user selection of single users ("AddUserForm") also for the
room administration.
Eventually it might makes sense to make a package "utils" in the package
org.apache.openmeetings.web.components.admin and move the AddUserForm to it.
Is it possible to have the HTML/Wicket markup of "AddUserForm" also
separated from the groups section? Eventually it makes sense to add a
general "search/add/delete user list" component.

Also I would like to have the form its own scrolling, independent from the
table on the left. So you can scroll down the form without scrolling in the
table (and vice versa).
Todos are:
-  the tables should auto scale to use 100% of the remaining whitespace on
the bottom (currently fixed height)
-  The forms need to be containered in a div, with overflow=scroll (and a
fix to the height so that it automatically takes 100% of the rest of the
whitespace of the page when you resize the browser window).

Also the x-position of the form is currently wrong, if you resize the
browser you can see a bad effect. This is something that I was also looking
at but found no solution yet.

Cheerio :)
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock

Re: Status admin section

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Nope
thanks for pointing this out, will try to take a look at it :)

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM, seba.wagner@gmail.com <seba.wagner@gmail.com

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Status admin section

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Status admin section

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Status admin section

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Status admin section

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Status admin section

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Re: Status admin section

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
*The only "extra" markup I add to the forms: wrap it with table, I believe
it is better aligned. I thought of adding tabs to the room and user admin
since otherwise it has too much options. But IMHO this should be done later.
*
=> this is the markup that I am refering to. There is no need to add a
table to layout a form.
It does not harm at this moment but actually try to google "using table to
layout a form"
=> the first 100 matches at google are advices like:
"Why you shouldn't use tables to layout a form" :)))

So please consider to remove the table tags for the future.
In general we should try to avoid to use the html tag table to "design"
HTML at all. I know I have added some by myself, but just because of my
lack of knowledge about alternatives.

Sebastian

Re: Status admin section

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.