Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net> on 2005/05/08 00:19:45 UTC

[SARE] Rules update: genlsubj and obfu

Just a quick note that the SARE subject rules and obfuscation rules
have been updated.  Documentation available at
http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm

Note: Many of the subject rules were testing for obfuscations within
the subject headings.  These have been moved to the obfuscation rules
files, and renamed appropriately. Systems that have been depending on
these obfuscation rules within the subject files should pull in at
least obfu file 0 and possibly obfu file 1.

Bob Menschel

[SARE] Whiltelist updated

Posted by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net>.
Just a quick note that the SARE whitelist rules file has been updated.
Documentation available at http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm

The purpose of this rules file is to use the whitelist_from_rcvd to
avoid false positives for services that we know do not send out spam.

It's suitable for use by any and all systems.

Because it uses the whitelist_from_rcvd directive, it can also be used
in any individual user's user_prefs file.

Contributions of additional whitelist entries are more than welcome.

Likewise, if you should happen to find any spam flagged by any of
these entries, please send that spam to me so the entry can be removed
or fixed.

Bob Menschel