Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Miguel Angel Romero <mr...@tecnesis.com> on 2002/06/20 11:10:10 UTC

running slide as webapp

Hi all,

I'm trying to run slide as webapp but I have problems configuring server.xml
file, I have followed the slide documentation instructions (section "Tomcat
Howto") but no way, Any idea? Could anybody send me an example server.xml
file to run slide as webapp?

I think that's the problem (server.xml)

Thanks in advance,
                            Miguel

Re: running slide as webapp

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Luca Zago wrote:

> I have the same problem of Miguel, and I really appreciate your help,
> but in this xml there is only the host to browse the repository,
> not for the Admin and WebDAV client.
> The browsing works in a web app, but I have problems with Web DAV client.
> Even if I have copied the serverl.xml from the example installation in
> slide to a defaul tomcat installation.
> Do you know what means the  configPath="slide attribute in the Host tag, in
> the example server.xml?

I think this attribute means that the config files for slide, are found
under the sub directory slide/.

jakarta-slide-1.0.16/server/conf/slide/

Re: running slide as webapp

Posted by Luca Zago <za...@libero.it>.
I have the same problem of Miguel, and I really appreciate your help,
but in this xml there is only the host to browse the repository,
not for the Admin and WebDAV client.
The browsing works in a web app, but I have problems with Web DAV client.
Even if I have copied the serverl.xml from the example installation in
slide to a defaul tomcat installation.
Do you know what means the  configPath="slide attribute in the Host tag, in
the example server.xml?
This attribute is not documented in tomcat.

Thanks in advance.

Luca

Re: running slide as webapp

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Miguel Angel Romero wrote:

> Hi Stephan,
>
> What do I have to put instead of "ownerrepository"?

slide.xml, Domain.xml or what ever:
<slide default="slide">
                ^^^^^

  <namespace name="slide">
                   ^^^^^
     <definition ref="slide/slide.def" />
     <configuration ref="slide/slide.conf" />
     <data ref="slide/slide.data" />
  </namespace>

</slide>

You must specify the name of the namespace.

Stephan Michels.

Re: running slide as webapp

Posted by Miguel Angel Romero <mr...@tecnesis.com>.
Hi Stephan,

What do I have to put instead of "ownerrepository"?

Thanks,
            Miguel

Re: running slide as webapp

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

Re: running slide as webapp

Re: running slide as webapp

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Miguel Angel Romero wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to run slide as webapp but I have problems configuring server.xml
> file, I have followed the slide documentation instructions (section "Tomcat
> Howto") but no way, Any idea? Could anybody send me an example server.xml
> file to run slide as webapp?
>
> I think that's the problem (server.xml)

There are an example webapp in the bin dist, which have the following
files included:
jakarta-slide-1.0.16/server/conf/server.xml
jakarta-slide-1.0.16/server/conf/slide/slide.conf

Stephan Michels