Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com> on 2003/07/24 15:57:12 UTC

Re: Mixing Apache::Filter with other mods like mod_php

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 12:48, Crispin Bivans wrote:
> Situation: I have a custom templating package that will lookup translation texts based off of keywords so we can use 1 html file for all 8-9 languages. I've made it part of an Apache::Filter list that also run's Apache::SSI so that any server side includes in the html file will also get run. There is also some mod_php code (a php require line that pulls in a different page graphic everytime they refresh the page) that I need to also 'run' as part of the web page.
[...]
> How can I make this work?

You can't in apache 1.x.  In apache 2.x there is the ability to filter
content in this way, but the filtering done in 1.x by Apache::Filter is
really just at the mod_perl level so it can't deal with additional
apache modules.  The only way to actually get the PHP code to run is to
make a separate request with something like LWP back to the server to
run a PHP page, or maybe run it through the separate PHP executable with
a system call.

- Perrin