Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mario Moroni <mo...@email.it> on 2003/08/27 17:05:30 UTC

Limit local connections

In order to develop "in peace" i'd like to limit my tomcat only to local
connections.
is it possible?
How?

..or should I make a control for every page requested?

_Mario_

Sponsor:
Consigli su piante, fiori e bonsai? Affidati a Mr. Green, clicca qui!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=749&d=27-8

Re: Limit local connections

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
When in doubt, check the docs.

Remote Address Filter and Remote Host Filter:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/valve.html

John

RE: Tomcat and IIS 6 - Please HELP

Posted by Renato Romano <r....@set-network.com>.
I don't know if the following can be useful to someone having the same
problem, but I observed the following strange behavior in IIS 6:

1) when addressing with the client a filename with extension, say zzz,
like myfile.zzz, IIS answers with 404 (of course the file is where it is
requested; you can try also allowing directory browsing and then
clicking on the file);
2) even putting the extension zzz in the mime types list doesn't affect
this result;
3) the same for the extension dll

By
Renato