Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Hibowl <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/10 16:37:59 UTC

[T5] Tomcat and source path

Hi,

i'm new to T5, and I would like to have such a source path : src/myapp
instead of src/main/java/myapp.
I built my project with Maven and quickstart.
I managed to run it on Jetty, but can't find a way to do this with Tomcat.
When I deploy the war created by maven on Tomcat, it don't find my
application. I think Tomcat can't find the java files because they are not
where they must be for Maven...
Perhaps should I use another artifact as quickstart ?? Or change anything in
configuration.

Has anyone any advice ?

Thank you !

Re: Antwort: [T5] Tomcat and source path

Posted by Hibowl <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi, here is my pom.xml...

Thanks for your help :)

    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
    <artifactId>myapp</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <packaging>war</packaging>
    <name>myapp Tapestry 5 Application</name>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
            <artifactId>tapestry-core</artifactId>
            <version>${tapestry-release-version}</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>log4j</groupId>
            <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
            <version>1.2.9</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
            <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
            <version>5.1</version>
            <classifier>jdk15</classifier>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

    </dependencies>
    <build>
        <finalName>myapp</finalName>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <source>1.5</source>
                    <target>1.5</target>
                    <optimize>true</optimize>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

            <!-- Run the application using "mvn jetty:run" -->
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
                <artifactId>maven-jetty-plugin</artifactId>
                <configuration>
                    <!-- Log to the console. -->
                    <requestLog
implementation="org.mortbay.jetty.NCSARequestLog">
                        <!-- This doesn't do anything for Jetty, but is a
workaround for a Maven bug
                             that prevents the requestLog from being set.
-->
                        <append>true</append>
                    </requestLog>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

            <!-- This changes the WAR file packaging so that what would
normally go into WEB-INF/classes
             is instead packaged as WEB-INF/lib/bnpsms.jar.  This is
necessary for Tapestry
             to be able to search for page and component classes at startup.
Only
             certain application servers require this configuration, please
see the documentation
             at the Tapestry 5 project page
(http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/). -->

            <plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <archiveClasses>true</archiveClasses>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

    <reporting>

        <!-- Adds a report detailing the components, mixins and base classes
defined by this module. -->
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
                <artifactId>tapestry-component-report</artifactId>
                <version>${tapestry-release-version}</version>
                <configuration>
                    <rootPackage>com.example.myapp</rootPackage>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </reporting>

  <repositories>
    <!-- This can be uncommented when the tapestry-release-version is a
snapshot.
         The non-snapshot Tapestry artifacts are distributed through the
central
         repository at ibiblio.

    <repository>
      <id>tapestry-snapshots</id>

<url>http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-snapshot-repository/</url>
    </repository>

    -->

    <repository>
      <id>codehaus.snapshots</id>
      <url>http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org</url>
    </repository>
    <!-- For access to the selenium JARs. -->
    <repository>
      <id>openqa</id>
      <name>OpenQA Maven Repository</name>
      <url>http://maven.openqa.org/</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

  <pluginRepositories>

  </pluginRepositories>

    <properties>
        <tapestry-release-version>5.0.5</tapestry-release-version>
    </properties>
</project>

Posted by Marcus <mv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hibowl,

Posted by Hibowl <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I tried but it don't work either...
Is there a possibility to build a Tapestry project without this main/java
structure ?
Or is there a way to modify the webapp repertory when using Maven Install ??

Thanks for any hint !