Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Colin McCabe <co...@cmccabe.xyz> on 2019/06/05 06:17:18 UTC

[VOTE] 2.3.0 RC1

Hi all,

This is the first candidate for the release of Apache Kafka 2.3.0.

This release includes many new features, including:
* Support for incremental cooperative rebalancing
* An in-memory session store and window store for Kafka Streams
* An API for allowing users to determine what operations they are authorized to perform on topics.
* A new broker start time metric.
* The ability for JMXTool to connect to secured RMI ports.
* A new and improved API for setting topic and broker configurations.
* Support for non-key joining in KTable.
* The ability to track the number of partitions which are under their min ISR count.
* The ability for consumers to opt out of automatic topic creation, even when it is enabled on the broker.
* The ability to use external configuration stores.
* Improved replica fetcher behavior when errors are encountered.

Check out the release notes for the 2.3.0 release here:
https://home.apache.org/~cmccabe/kafka-2.3.0-rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.html

The vote will go until Friday, June 7th, or until we create another RC.

* Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release can be found here:
https://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* The release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary) are here:
https://home.apache.org/~cmccabe/kafka-2.3.0-rc1/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/

* Javadoc:
https://home.apache.org/~cmccabe/kafka-2.3.0-rc1/javadoc/

* The tag to be voted upon (off the 2.3 branch) is the 2.3.0 tag:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/2.3.0-rc1

thanks,
Colin

Re: [kafka-clients] [VOTE] 2.3.0 RC1

Posted by Boyang Chen <bc...@outlook.com>.
Hey Colin and Jason,

I would like to mention that https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-8500 could also potentially be a blocker. The PR is ready for review: https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/6899

Boyang

________________________________
Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.
Hi Colin,

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Colin,

I caught an issue which would affect KIP-345 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-8487) and hence may need to be
considered a blocker for this release.

Guozhang

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 11:31 PM Colin McCabe <co...@cmccabe.xyz> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 4, 2019, at 23:17, Colin McCabe wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > This is the first candidate for the release of Apache Kafka 2.3.0.
> >
> > This release includes many new features, including:
> > * Support for incremental cooperative rebalancing
> > * An in-memory session store and window store for Kafka Streams
> > * An API for allowing users to determine what operations they are
> authorized to perform on topics.
> > * A new broker start time metric.
> > * The ability for JMXTool to connect to secured RMI ports.
> > * A new and improved API for setting topic and broker configurations.
> > * Support for non-key joining in KTable
>
> One small correction here: support for non-key joining (KIP-213) slipped
> from 2.3 due to time constraints.
>
> Regards,
> Colin
>
> > * The ability to track the number of partitions which are under their
> min ISR count.
> > * The ability for consumers to opt out of automatic topic creation, even
> when it is enabled on the broker.
> > * The ability to use external configuration stores.
> > * Improved replica fetcher behavior when errors are encountered.
> >
> > Check out the release notes for the 2.3.0 release here:
> > https://home.apache.org/~cmccabe/kafka-2.3.0-rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.html
> >
> > The vote will go until Friday, June 7th, or until we create another RC.
> >
> > * Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release can
> be found here:
> > https://kafka.apache.org/KEYS
> >
> > * The release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary) are here:
> > https://home.apache.org/~cmccabe/kafka-2.3.0-rc1/
> >
> > * Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/
> >
> > * Javadoc:
> > https://home.apache.org/~cmccabe/kafka-2.3.0-rc1/javadoc/
> >
> > * The tag to be voted upon (off the 2.3 branch) is the 2.3.0 tag:
> > https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/2.3.0-rc1
> >
> > thanks,
> > Colin
> >

> > --
> >  To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kafka-clients/461015c6-d018-40f6-a018-eaadf5c25f23%40www.fastmail.com
> <
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kafka-clients/461015c6-d018-40f6-a018-eaadf5c25f23%40www.fastmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> >.