Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Karl von Randow <ka...@cactuslab.com> on 2002/10/13 23:17:07 UTC

RE: input tag library enhancement?

Hi Jason et al,

Been thinking about this; perhaps to do it nicely we should have:

<input:textarea ...>
	<input:attribute name="" value=""/>
	<input:value>...</input:value>
</input:textarea>

How do you feel about the addition of the <input:value> tag? It could be
applied to every tag in the input library. Is it a useful addition? I'm
not sure.

Alternatively we could stick with the value="" attribute and ignore any
value stuff. I think that may be the best first course.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers,
k@rl

Posted by Karl von Randow <ka...@cactuslab.com>.
Hi Grant,

I haven't implemented any sorting stuff - I've gone more down the road
of supplying options in order (so you can have whatever order you like).
Have you explored using SortedMaps with the select tag to achieve the
sorting stuff? You can see what I've been up to at
http://www.xk72.com/input/ at the moment.

Kind regards,
Karl

Posted by Grant Jokerst <gr...@jokerst.com>.