Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Michael Chandler <Mi...@onassignment.com> on 2013/10/22 19:30:20 UTC

DefaultWebSessionManager

In using the DefaultWebSessionManager, I'm finding that Shiro is appending ";JSESSIONID=###" to my URLs instead of using cookies, which I thought was the default.  The DefaultWebSessionManager constructor appears to set sessionIdCookieEnabled to true and set a default cookie.  Nevertheless, I'm still seeing the JSESSIONID value in the query string, which is having a poor effect on my Spring MVC mappings.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get around this problem?  Ideally, I would prefer to use cookies.

Mike

The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message and deleting the material from your computer.

RE: DefaultWebSessionManager

Posted by Michael Chandler <Mi...@onassignment.com>.
I didn't exactly figure it out, but implemented a work around.  I confirmed that cookies were being set as expected so implemented a urlrewrite filter.  It's by no means a fix, but it's letting me carry on with my development so I can circle back around after I make some progress.  All signs appear to point to a configuration issue with Tomcat and/or Eclipse, so I figured I would work around this for now and take the issue off this list.  I'm glad to know this mystery has afflicted others.  I was ready to turn in my programming badge and have myself declared insane!

Posted by Josh Berry <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Berry <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Berry <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "M.C. Wilson" <ni...@gmail.com>.