Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Vernon Smith <vw...@lycos.com> on 2003/12/01 01:41:59 UTC

How to write if-else conditional custom tag

Hi,

Yesterday, I learnt to write a conditional tag (if ..). Today, I find I need if-else conditional tag. After spending a considerable time reseaching on-line, no result. Can someone give a help?

Thanks.

Re: How to write if-else conditional custom tag

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003, Vernon Smith wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yesterday, I learnt to write a conditional tag (if ..). Today, I find I need if-else conditional tag. After spending a considerable time reseaching on-line, no result. Can someone give a help?

Rather than writing your own, I would recommend just using the JSTL tags.
That would save you a lot of trouble. ;-)

If you really want to write your own, take a look at those in JSTL anyway.
Also, there have been several discussions of such a thing on taglibs-dev
over time, so check the archives.

--
Martin Cooper