Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Mathieu St-Gelais <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/17 15:41:49 UTC

iOS 7 and status bar problem

Hi. First I'd like to say that I have read this thread (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33860), but I'm still having
problems with the status bar under iOS 7.

I'm using Apache Flex nightly builds (4.12), with Air 4.0Beta. Here's a
screenshot of my application (with lots of blur as it is a private
project):
http://www.evilcodingmonkey.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/iOS7-screenshot.jpg

You see the black bar at the top (black because the application's
background color is set to black)? I suppose I should see the status bar in
there, but I don't. Any idea why? I have tried removing all CSS, ActionBar
skin class, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Mat

Re: iOS 7 and status bar problem

Posted by Lee Burrows <su...@leeburrows.com>.
Mat,

On a side note, AFAIK all iOS7 status bars are either 40px (retina
display) or 20px (non-retina) - never 30px.

--
Lee Burrows
ActionScripter

RE: iOS 7 and status bar problem

Posted by Mathieu St-Gelais <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mathieu St-Gelais <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maurice

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
I am not sure 100%, but it seems that the text of the status bar is still displayed in black , and the status bar itself is black, so that's why it does not show.

Actually, depending on the background color of your app, you may need to set the status bar text color:
https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/TransitionGuide/Bars.html

In your case, you need to set UIStatusBarStyle to UIStatusBarStyleLightContent