Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by anil lakineni <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/08 08:59:59 UTC

CCP-4.5.0: Adding additional interfaces are not accepting on VMs if the VM has vm snapshots

Hi All,

We are facing issues when adding additional interfaces on VMs if VM has vm
snapshots. Issue is VM not accepting to add additional interface due to VM
snapshots.

Error is: *Add netowrk to VM Action failed - Service Exception : NIC cannot
be added to VM with VM Snapshots*

I believe that this is not a correct behaviour of CloudPlatform, because we
are able to add additional interfaces on VMs with VM snapshots in remaining
versions of Cloud Stack.

Is it a bug on CCP 4.5.0?? Please let me know if I have to change/modify
any values at CCP
I will be Waiting for your valuable inputs. Thanks in advance.

Using CitrixCloudPlatform 4.5.0 and XenServer 6.2 hosts

Regards,
Anil.

RE: CCP-4.5.0: Adding additional interfaces are not accepting on VMs if the VM has vm snapshots

Posted by Somesh Naidu <So...@citrix.com>.
Agree with Erik, open a support ticket with Citrix.

Regards,
Somesh

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anil,

Posted by anil lakineni <an...@gmail.com>.
Dear Erik,

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
See

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
This code looks pretty "sure" of itself (so I'm thinking it's not a bug to
prohibit this action):

        // Check that Vm does not have VM Snapshots

        if (_vmSnapshotDao.findByVm(vmId).size() > 0) {

            throw new InvalidParameterValueException("NIC cannot be added
to VM with VM Snapshots");

        }

The logic above is in UserVmManagerImpl.java (in the addNicToVirtualMachine
method).

I believe we also prohibit adding data disks to VMs that have one or more
VM snapshots on them.

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 12:59 AM, anil lakineni <

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: CCP-4.5.0: Adding additional interfaces are not accepting on VMs if the VM has vm snapshots

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.