Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by HangJun <ha...@jtomron.com> on 2001/08/20 07:03:47 UTC

Problem with jp-euc and shift-jis

Hello All,
        I built xerces-c 1.1.0 with icu 1.4.0, when I run the test program
DOMPrint, I found when the encoding of xml file is shift-jis,the shift-jis words
were deleted in the printed result  and  encoding changed as 'ISO-8859-1' in the first line.
      When the encoding   of xml file is euc,when execute DOMPrint,
an exception is thrown, as showed bellow:
Message: An exception occured! Type:RuntimeException, Message:Could not create a converter for en
coding: euc-jp
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='ISO-8859-1' ?>

     My OS is solaris 2.6, i don't know why this happens, any help and
suggestion is appreciated, thanks!

Re: Problem with jp-euc and shift-jis

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.
Please try the latest distribution Xerces C++ 1.5.1 which may have fixed
your problem.

Tinny