Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Patrick Dube <pa...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/06 17:13:23 UTC

Usage server development

Hey all,

Since 4.9, usage is broken if you have a project that has resources.
Basically, it is an autoboxing NPE because a project account has no role
(UsageDaoImpl line 116). I know where to fix it, but I can't find any
documentation about running the usage server in a dev setup, so I can't
test it. Can someone help me?

Thanks,

P.

Re: Usage server development

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Patrick,

You're right, in the 'how to build cloudstack' wiki we've not mentioned this. You can run it like this:

mvn clean install -P usage -pl usage  # This will work given that other dependencies are already built/installed
mvn  -P usage -pl usage -Drun -Dpid=$$ # This runs the usage server using maven

Hope this helps.

Regards.

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com