Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl> on 2016/04/06 01:51:02 UTC

BROKEN BUILD? Is this only me or not?

Hi,

Just checked out the latest sources and got this...

/Users/jacek/dev/oss/spark/sql/catalyst/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/catalyst/expressions/stringExpressions.scala:626:
error: annotation argument needs to be a constant; found: "_FUNC_(str)
- ".+("Returns str, with the first letter of each word in uppercase,
all other letters in ").+("lowercase. Words are delimited by white
space.")
    "Returns str, with the first letter of each word in uppercase, all
other letters in " +

                   ^

It's in https://github.com/apache/spark/commit/c59abad052b7beec4ef550049413e95578e545be.

Is this a real issue with the build now or is this just me? I may have
seen a similar case before, but can't remember what the fix was.
Looking into it.

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----
https://medium.com/@jaceklaskowski/
Mastering Apache Spark http://bit.ly/mastering-apache-spark

Re: BROKEN BUILD? Is this only me or not?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Probably related to Java 8.

I used :

$ java -version
java version "1.7.0_67"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.
Hi Ted,

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Looking at recent