Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by liooil <li...@ifrance.com> on 2004/12/16 11:20:29 UTC

OJB.properties

Hello world,

Maybe this topic has already been discussed and i apologize if it's the
case. But as previously said, it's still impossible to search through
the archiver sites of this mailing list...

The thing is i want to deploy OJB inside my webapp war file.
And of course, when it starts (call to OJB.getInstance()), the
configurations files are searched by default in the directory of the
process who launched everything (i.e Jboss) :

10:49:57,890 INFO  [STDOUT] Could not load properties file
'OJB.properties'. Using default settings!
10:49:57,890 INFO  [STDOUT] XXX\jboss-3.2.2\bin\OJB.properties

For deployement convenience, i would like to embbed all OJB
configuartion files needed for OJB in my web/WEB_INF.
The aim is to avoid to pollute all JBoss tree directory.
It also should prevzent from forgeting in conf file when i app
will be supplied.
know what i mean?

Sure sombedy already face this question,

Thx,

 ___[ Pub ]____________________________________________________________
Envie de discuter gratuitement avec vos amis ?
Téléchargez Yahoo! Messenger http://yahoo.ifrance.com

Re: OJB.properties

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@chariotsolutions.com>.
I actually generally prefer marc:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ojb-user&r=1&w=2 the search and
navigation tends to be nicer than eyebrowse, imho.

-Brian

Re: OJB.properties

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>.

Re: OJB.properties

Posted by Danilo Tommasina <dt...@risksys.com>.
Hi,

the config files must be put in the root of your classpath. Just put them directly under WEB-INF/classes and it should work.

good luck :)
danilo

Re: OJB.properties [Include in FAQ]

Posted by Danilo Tommasina <dt...@risksys.com>.
Hi again,

since this question is beeing asked very often, I guess it should be inclued in the FAQ...

Something like:
OJB cannot load configuration files: OJB.properties, repository.xml, ...

For web applications: put all OJB configuration files into WEB-INF/classes
For other applications: put the config files into your classpath root

More details can be found at <a href="http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/deployment.html">Deployment Guide</a>

bye
danilo

> Hello world,
>
> Maybe this topic has already been discussed and i apologize if it's the
> case. But as previously said, it's still impossible to search through
> the archiver sites of this mailing list...
>
> The thing is i want to deploy OJB inside my webapp war file.
> And of course, when it starts (call to OJB.getInstance()), the
> configurations files are searched by default in the directory of the
> process who launched everything (i.e Jboss) :
>
> 10:49:57,890 INFO  [STDOUT] Could not load properties file
> 'OJB.properties'. Using default settings!
> 10:49:57,890 INFO  [STDOUT] XXX\jboss-3.2.2\bin\OJB.properties
>
> For deployement convenience, i would like to embbed all OJB
> configuartion files needed for OJB in my web/WEB_INF.
> The aim is to avoid to pollute all JBoss tree directory.
> It also should prevzent from forgeting in conf file when i app
> will be supplied.
> know what i mean?
>
> Sure sombedy already face this question,
>
> Thx,
>

>  ___[ Pub ]____________________________________________________________
> Envie de discuter gratuitement avec vos amis ?
> Téléchargez Yahoo! Messenger http://yahoo.ifrance.com

Danilo Tommasina, Dipl. Ing. FH Telecom
Software Engineer
RCS Riskmanagement Concepts Systems AG