Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Keith O'Brien <Ke...@rga.com> on 2003/05/13 17:43:59 UTC

DirectoryIndex for index.jsp not working under apache

Hello all,

I can't seem to get apache to server up index.jsp pages using the
DirectoryIndex. Everything else is working fine. If I access the page
directly it opens without a problem, also If I use tomcat as the webserver
it access the page with no problem:
test2/test/    		does not work
test2/test/index.jsp 	works
test2:8080/test/		works

Here is my setup:
RedHat 7.3
Apache 1.3.27
tomcat 4.1.24
j2sdk1.4.1_02

I'll be happy to provide configs if needed. Not sure if this is a known
problem, I did find some references to it on the web.

Thanks,
Keith.

Re: DirectoryIndex for index.jsp not working under apache

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Yep, it isn't going to work.  Nobody has a good solution...I kludge it with
index.html redirecting to index.jsp, some people use mod_rewrite, and I am
sure there are other methods as well.

You might try playing around with the module order...my guess is that if
mod_jk or mod_jk2 were loaded last it might work.

John