Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Gao Jun <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/29 15:46:45 UTC

How to add slide process to an external transaction

Hi everybody,

We are using slide as one module in our project. We have this scenario:
1. User submits an order with an attachment, which might be a picture or
a word file.
2. Our system will save the order data and the attachment files.
3. The data will be saved to some table called ORDER and the attachment file
will be saved to Slide.

Because the above operations is apparently in one transaction, I wish to add
transaction control so that if saving order data failed, the saving to slide will
get rolled back and vice versa.

So my question is, currently, is it possible to put slide process and a non-slide
process into one transaction? If possible, how to do that? In our case, our
non-slide process is using the OJB to do persistence work.
Thanks.

regards,

Jun

Re: How to add slide process to an external transaction

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
There is a JCA connector ot plug Slide over WebDAV into a distributed
JTA transaction in the client section. However, it has not been tested
very much, I guess :(

Oliver