Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by 北川 大輔 <da...@inte.co.jp> on 2012/04/23 09:26:34 UTC

HA at KVM cluster on CloudStack 3.0.1

Hello everyone!

There is a problem processing live migration using CloudStack 3.0.1 on KVM.
I have exactly same problem as question posted to CloudStack user/admin discussions.

Frank told that this was known issue, yet it was fixed in previous version.
As far as I know, live migration worked on CloudStack 3.0.0 Bata. And never be tested on CloudStack 3.0.0 myself.

Is there are anyone had same experience and solved it?
I do not see any error or exception on cloud-management.log and api-server.log.  I might be checking wrong logs?

> Hi all. I have kvm cluster with 2 hosts.
> Cloudstack version 3.0.0
> I run instance with HA enabled:
> 1)            Manual migration to another host work good
> 2)            When I kill instance process at hosts. HA successfully restart instance.
> 3)            When I put host to maintenance mode, system VMs migrate to another host, but my instance  stopped and that’s all.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=cloudstack-users&max_rows=25&style=nested&viewmonth=201204&viewday=23

Thank you!

--
Daisuke kitagawa

Intelligence Business Solutions

1-4-4 Yanagibashi Taito-ku
Tokyo-to Japan  111-0052
Phone: +81 3 6385 6103
FAX: +81 3 6385 6104

http://ibs.inte.co.jp/

RE: HA at KVM cluster on CloudStack 3.0.1

Posted by 北川 大輔 <da...@inte.co.jp>.
Hello, Yang, Sheng!

> The fix would be in 3.0.2 release.

Thank you for informing this bug fix!

Author: prachi <pr...@cloud.com>
Date:   Wed Apr 11 16:15:19 2012 -0700

    Bug 14646 - Enabling Host into maintenance mode is stopping the VMs instead of live migrating them to other hosts in the cluster.

    Changes:
    -  While listing UP hosts in the cluster of the host, the query has changed and now also considers the Host 'resourceState' field and picks only those hosts
       This query result does not include the host being put in maintainance; unlike the earlier query that used to include it.
    -  But the logic to find out if this is the last host in the Cluster is not updated and has a bug when it compares the list size.
    - Fixed this

The fix would be in 3.0.2 release.

--
regards
Yang, Sheng

--
regards
Yang, Sheng

Re: HA at KVM cluster on CloudStack 3.0.1

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.

Author: prachi <pr...@cloud.com>
Date:   Wed Apr 11 16:15:19 2012 -0700

--
regards
Yang, Sheng

RE: HA at KVM cluster on CloudStack 3.0.1

Posted by 北川 大輔 <da...@inte.co.jp>.
Hi All!

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com>.
Hi Daisuke kitagawa,