Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Simon Stewart <sm...@lateral.net> on 2002/07/29 13:53:15 UTC

Virtual Hosts and jk2

What's the correct way to handle virtual hosts when using mod_jk2 and
Apache 2? Currently, a snippet from my workers2.properties looks like:

# define the worker
[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.un:/usr/local/tomcat/work/jk2.socket

# Example site
[uri:/content/*]
group=lb
servlet=content
host=www.foo.net
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

Then, in my httpd.conf I use something like:

<VirtualHost *>
    <Location "/content/*" >
        SetHandler jakarta-servlet2
        JkUriSet group lb
        JkUriSet servlet content
        JkUriSet host www.foo.net
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

According to my expectations, this should mean that only requests to
"http://www.foo.net/content" should be handled by jk2, because the
handler is only configured for this virtual host.

The reason for my question is that when I go to "/content/" on another
virtual host in the same instance of Apache, but one that lacks an
equivalnt entry in workers2.properties and has not had the handler set
to jakarta-servlet2, I get a Tomcat error back and a message in the
tomcat log (catalina.out):

Jul 29, 2002 12:41:39 PM org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler action
INFO: RESET

in addition to other output which indicates that the content servlet
has been executed. Any advice welcomed.

Regards,

Simon

--
"I'm as bored as a can of alcohol free lager sitting in your fridge"