Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Hemath Kumar <hk...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/23 09:28:29 UTC

Consumer offset is getting reset back to some old value automatically

We have a 3 node cluster ( 3 kafka + 3 ZK nodes ) . Recently we came across
a strange issue where we wanted to bring one of the node down from cluster
( 1 kafka + 1 zookeeper) for doing a maintenance . But the movement we
brought it to down on some of the topics ( only some partitions) consumers
offset is reset some old value.

Any reason why this is happened?. As of my knowledge when brought one node
down its should work smoothly with out any impact.

Thanks,
Murthy Chelankuri

Re: Consumer offset is getting reset back to some old value automatically

Posted by Kane Kane <ka...@gmail.com>.
Michael, as I understand it's "risky" if another (2nd) node would
fail, in this case your zookeeper will be not operational, right? But
if no other issues it shouldn't affect operations.

Posted by Michal Michalski <mi...@boxever.com>.

Posted by Kane Kane <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kane Kane <ka...@gmail.com>.