Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Cristian Petroaca <cr...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/28 15:58:36 UTC

Re: Named entity coref resolution based on dbpedia categories and rdf:type

Hi,

I've started to implement the dbpedia properties logic and I'd like to get
some feedback on some things that I am doing :
I want to get a NER from the text and search for it in the dbpedia data so
that I can get certain dbpedia properties.
The way I'm trying to do this is by getting the NER_ANNOTATION chunk's text
and search that in the Entityhub ( which from what I saw is by default
configured with dbpedia data). I haven't yet performed a query to actually
get the data but before I continue I'd like to ask if this is the way to go?

Thanks,
Cristian

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cristian,

I see several possible solutions:

1. The indexing tool does support LDPath. That means you can import
all the required RDF files and use LDPath to append the labels of the
Yago Types directly to the dbpedia entities.  This would prevent
additional lookups to retrieve the types, but also increase the size
of the index a lot.
2. You could also index the Yago Types and use an additional Entityhub
lookup to retrieve them. In this case you should first collect all
types referenced by Entities in the processed text and in a second
step retrieve the labels. While this means additional lookups it will
only load the labels for an type once. In addition you could use a
cache for types.
3. Your engine could use LDPath to retrieve the types. This would
require to index the data like with option (2) and use a LDPath
statement similar to (1). It would be the slowest solution (as it
requires an additional lookup for every extracted entity) but require
the least code.

regarding:

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 9:02 AM, Cristian Petroaca
<cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can get the labels from one of the yago downloads here :
> http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/yago-naga/yago/download/yago/yagoMultilingualClassLabels.txt.
> I'll need another yago download file to map the yago wordnet classes to
> dbpedia uris. That could be done via a script maybe.

I hope there is also an RDF files with that labels. In that case you
need just to add it to the resource/rdfdata directory.

best
Rupert

Posted by Cristian Petroaca <cr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rupert,

Looking into the yago_types.nt file which assigns yago classes to dbpedia
entities I realized that there are no yago class labels present, I just
have the class uri like : <http://dbpedia/..something../President1829302/.
I also need the class labels so that I can compare them to the noun token's
string from the text.

I can get the labels from one of the yago downloads here :
http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/yago-naga/yago/download/yago/yagoMultilingualClassLabels.txt.
I'll need another yago download file to map the yago wordnet classes to
dbpedia uris. That could be done via a script maybe.

Once I have the dbpedia_yago_class_uri -> label file is it possible to
integrate this data in the dbpedia index and later be able to query the
labels from the 'dbpedia' Site? As you can see the file won't refer to the
actual dbpedia entity but to the yago class as being the subject in the
triple. So how would that work in the dbpedia indexing process? What should
I change in the mappings.txt file? Briefly looking through the mappings.txt
file this looks similar to how the skos categories are indexed.

Other than that, I saw that someone will be working on integrating YAGO as
part of Gsoc 2014. So maybe waiting for that is an option too but I don't
know what the extent of the integration will be.

Thanks,
Cristi

Posted by Cristian Petroaca <cr...@gmail.com>.