Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rs...@engelschall.com> on 1999/03/10 12:40:01 UTC

Re: config/3958: configure silently ignores "--enable-XXX" options where XXX is unknown

The following reply was made to PR config/3958; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rs...@engelschall.com>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: config/3958: configure silently ignores "--enable-XXX" options where XXX is unknown
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 12:16:35 +0100

 In article <19...@hyperreal.org> you wrote:

 > If I mistype:
 > ./configure --enable-module=mod-speling
 > as:
 > ./configure --enable-modules=mod-speling
 >
 > I get no error, but apache builds without mod-speling.  In fact --enable-XXX
 > is ignored if XXX is unknown.  I think this deserves an error message to avoid
 > the pitfall of mis-spelling a --enable-XXX option and having it ignored.
 >
 > There are similar issues for --disable-XXX.

 Thanks for catching this. The suggested error handling
 is now added for Apache 1.3.5.
                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
                                        rse@engelschall.com
                                        www.engelschall.com