Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by jinxing <ji...@126.com> on 2015/11/15 14:35:13 UTC

kafka 0.8.2 build problem

Hi all, I am newbie for kafka, and I try to build kafka 0.8.2 from source code as a start;

but I'm faced a lot of problem;

here is the timeline of what I did:

1. I cloned kafka:        git clone https://github.com/apache/kafka.git;
2. I created branch 0.8.2 and checkout that branch and reset this branch to 0.8.2:        git branch 0.8.2;    git checkout 0.8.2;    git reset --hard   f76013b     //this is the last commit id for 0.8.2
3. I run command, following (https://github.com/apache/kafka/tree/0.8.2):        gradle;        ./gradlew jar        ; ./gradlew test

But I found that 46 tests failed, and I got lots of different exceptions;

If I don't do "git reset --hard   f76013b", the building and test can succeed;
I'm so confused; Did I make any mistakes? what is the right way to build 0.8.2?

Any ideas about this? Lots of thanks and really appreciate !
btw my scala version is 2.10.2, gradle version is 2.6, java version is 1.8

Re: kafka 0.8.2 build problem

Posted by Harsha <ka...@harsha.io>.
Can you  try using the 0.8.2.2 source here
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.8.2.2/kafka-0.8.2.2-src.tgz
https://kafka.apache.org/downloads.html