Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by Sreejith Ramakrishnan <sr...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/14 14:43:58 UTC

Request for Mentorship in HAMA-743

I recently attended a bootcamp for a Joint Mentoring Programme by Luciano
Resende (Community Development, Apache) - [
http://community.apache.org/mentoringprogramme-icfoss-pilot.html] .

It is geared towards helping students get involved in open source projects.
Similar to GSoC.

Being from a mapreduce background, I find BSP interesting and would love to
work with you. As per the programme, we should be allotted a mentor.

I'm currently reading some papers and working on a plan and a proposed
schedule.

Can somebody please be kind enough to be my mentor?  :)

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-743

Re: Request for Mentorship in HAMA-743

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
2013/7/15 Sreejith Ramakrishnan <sr...@gmail.com>

> Thank you for the reply, Tommaso. I hope someone would offer help before
> 19th July which is when the application period ends :(
>
> If I post a rough idea of how I'll tackle the project, would my odds be
> better?

I'm not sure as the problem may be that there's no one able do help you
because of timing constraints, but that may help indeed.
Regards,
Tommaso

Posted by Sreejith Ramakrishnan <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.