Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com> on 2018/04/27 20:34:54 UTC

NetBeans Day UK and podcast idea

Hi all,

I had a great time at Apache NetBeans Day in London today.

Again enthusiasm from people who somehow ‘get’ what NetBeans is about.

Take a look on Twitter, search for NetBeans.

It occurred to me how cool it would be to have short user driven podcasts
around NetBeans to try to provide a space to let people share their
enthusiasm

Maybe James Gosling as the first guest, for example.

Thanks all, especially Ovi and Mark for today. And John for coming from
Dublin and Enrico from near Venice.

Gj

Re: NetBeans Day UK and podcast idea

Posted by Ovidijus Okinskas <ov...@idrsolutions.com>.
I threw together a quick blog post as a summary of the day. Obviously it
is not extremely detailed but acts as a good indication of talks you
might be interested in seeing if you did not attend or missed the
live-stream:
https://blog.idrsolutions.com/2018/04/key-takeaways-from-apache-netbeans-day-uk/
<https://blog.idrsolutions.com/2018/04/key-takeaways-from-apache-netbeans-day-uk/>

Recordings of most of the talks are available on the Twitter page:
https://twitter.com/NetBeansDayUK <https://twitter.com/NetBeansDayUK> so
be sure to check them out if something catches your eye in the summary.

Kind Regards,

Ovi

Posted by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com>.
On 04/28/2018 11:36 AM, Efrem Mc wrote:
> Thanks for sharing.  I am in the USA and this was great to watch some
> of the casting from Twitter.

+1, you could just feel the enthusiasm. NetBeans has a bright future!

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Re: NetBeans Day UK and podcast idea

Posted by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for sharing.  I am in the USA and this was great to watch some
of the casting from Twitter.

Thanks once again.

Efrem Mc

Posted by Mark Stephens <ma...@idrsolutions.com>.