Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Manoj Kithany <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2002/11/14 23:50:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache + mod_ssl (OpenSSL Error)

Hi Experts!

I want to INSTALL and CONFIGURE my APACHE 1.3.27 for SSL. I am using IBM AIX
box.
So, I got mod_ssl from the IBM site and installed it in following way(after
READing INSTALL file for 2 hrs;-(

#pwd
/opt/freeware/src/packages/SOURCES/mod_ssl-2.8.11-1.3.27

# ./configure --with-apache=../apache_1.3.27
--with-ssl=/Downloads/openssl-0.9.6g --with-crt=/usr/local/ssl/bin/cert.cer
--with-key=/usr/local/ssl/bin/private.key --prefix=/kit --enable-shared=ssl

#cd ..
#cd apache_1.3.27
#make
#make certificate
#make install
This DOCUMENTATION was given in README file in the above directory.

Later, I start my APACHE for SSL as shown below and get ERROR:
#./apachectl startssl
./apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started

So, I finally READ the LOG file "error_log" and checked it shows:
[error] mod_ssl: Init: Failed to generate temporary 512 bit RSA private key
(OpenSSL library error follows)
[error] OpenSSL: error:24064064:random number
generator:SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES:PRNG not seeded
[error] OpenSSL: error:04069003:rsa routines:RSA_generate_key:BN lib

Do you know what this error would be? I have already installed EGD entrophy
and is it stored in /dev/egd-pool
Any links/pointers on this is appreciated.

Thanks!

[users@httpd] RE: ssl and httpd non standard port

Posted by Dan Rossi <da...@electroteque.org>.
hi guys i dont think its working but i have a test server using a non
standard port so i can have the live server running , will ssl work say if i
have my webserver address like server.com:1023 ? it doesnt seem to