Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Ganesh Raju <ga...@linaro.org> on 2021/04/19 02:13:34 UTC

Fwd: The Future of Ambari

Just forwarding email from ambari mailing list.

Posted by Jason Wen <zh...@workday.com.INVALID>.
Hi Martin,

Thanks for sharing the info. I see latest commit is on Apr 28. Not that bad.
Do you know if there is a roadmap for Ambari? What's next after the latest 2.7.5 release? I think the biggest concern of current/potential Ambari user is whether this project will be kept active and moving forward in the future.

Thanks,
Jason

On 6/9/21, 4:47 AM, "Martin Tzvetanov Grigorov" <mg...@apache.org> wrote:

    Hi,

    On 2021/06/09 02:19:06, Jason Wen <zh...@workday.com.INVALID> wrote:
    > It is a good move.
    > However I am wondering if ambari community dead. I subscribed the user and developer mail list but don't see any discussion. Also when looking at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_apache_ambari&d=DwIBaQ&c=DS6PUFBBr_KiLo7Sjt3ljp5jaW5k2i9ijVXllEdOozc&r=UflFQf1BWcrVtfjfN1LUqWWh-UBP5XtRGMdcDC-0P7o&m=6uUfpEZYpQlYJmx7g3japNMcBR5h3DTakm-dw8LDUlQ&s=sdM-yprdjMBZs8KzD1I24hZtAT2U7o9D94Q58wQBhD8&e= , there is no any activity on it in recent 12 months.

    The activity is in branch-2.7.
    'trunk' branch (the main branch in GitBox/GitHub) is about 3.x but it is abandoned.

Posted by Martin Tzvetanov Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Jason Wen <zh...@workday.com.INVALID>.
It is a good move.