Posted to user@click.apache.org by "florin.g" <fl...@bytenotes.com> on 2009/04/03 15:04:14 UTC

Click and Groovy

I've been looking into groovy lately. Is there a way to make click work with groovy?

Inner Classes Not Needed

Posted by "florin.g" <fl...@bytenotes.com>.
It looks like inner classes are not needed:

submit.setActionListener ({ control -> onAction(control)} as ActionListener);

The above closure will do the trick. This looks pretty cool.

Click + Groovy? Wow. I'm going to grab a groovy book and get the fun started.

The good part is that even JavaRebel works with it (short of closure redefinition).

I use IntelliJ IDEA. I'll give click a try with groovy.

>> I've been looking into groovy lately. Is there a way to make click work with groovy?
>I have done some tests and it was working fine. See my post[1].

What about a separate project to integrate click and groovy better (and maybe cayenne too)?
I suppose to keep the groovy naming convention it should be called "glick" :)

Joseph.

Re: Click and Groovy

Posted by "florin.g" <fl...@bytenotes.com>.

Re: Click and Groovy

Posted by jschmidt <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Click and Groovy

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Florin,

florin.g wrote:
> I've been looking into groovy lately. Is there a way to make click work with groovy?

I have done some tests and it was working fine. See my post[1].

How you integrate Groovy would depend on your IDE. For example
Netbeans supports Groovy in a standalone application, but for web
application it only works with Grails. To make Groovy work I changed
my build script to compile ".groovy" files as well.

One limitation with Groovy 1.6 is that inner classes doesn't work yet.

regards

bob

[1]: http://click.markmail.org/message/jabarvnxfhs6pxzl?q=groovy