Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jean-Marie Pitre <jm...@cofisun.com> on 2006/08/02 13:47:29 UTC

Messages and Validator

Hello,

I am using Validator framework with a Struts application.
I would like to know if it is possible to use message provided by a
database (or java class) rather than a propertie file ?

Thank you,

Jean-Marie.

Re: Messages and Validator

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
There's no reason a database-backed message bundle can't load all its
messages in one go and cache them. That's all the standard property
file-backed implementation does.

To provide an alternate message bundle implementation, you just need to
configure a custom factory in struts-config.xml; see the commends in the
DTD for details.

L.

Re: Messages and Validator

Posted by Romu <ro...@gmail.com>.