Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ford prefect <fo...@yahoo.de> on 2004/03/29 20:40:01 UTC

Using informal parameters ....

I have a components that will draw a table around
something, e.g.

something inside of the table

now I would like to insert an informal parameter that
will tell the component a picture that will be inside
of this table as I use those tables lots of times and
the picture is always different - so I do not want to
create a specification for every single instance.

I would love to use it like that:

something inside of the table

something else inside of the table

How do I do that? I do no want to make a specification
for every table and I do not know the different
pictures in advance, I would like to determine them
solely in the html templates where they are used, as
it is just layout and nothing important

Is that possible?

If so, how?  I could not  find any informal parameter
examples..

Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de

Re: Using informal parameters ....

Posted by Programozás <pr...@hotmail.com>.
Your MyTable component may have a formal but not required parameter 'image'.
And you can create an asset for 'image' in your component on the fly and use
an Image component to display it.

I may misunderstand your problem because I don't know why you want to use
informal parameters...

Norbi