Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Cagdas Gerede <ca...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/18 18:54:25 UTC

HDFS: Flash Application and Available APIs

I have two questions:

- I was wondering if an HDFS client can be invoked from a Flash application.
- What are the available APIs for HDFS? (I read that there is a C/C++
api for Hadoop Map/Reduce but is there a C/C++ API for HDFS? or Can it
only be invoked from a Java application?

Thanks for your help,
Cagdas

Re: HDFS: Flash Application and Available APIs

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@veoh.com>.

http://<name-node-and-port/file/<path-of-file-in-hdfs>

You will be redirected to one of the datanodes so you have to support
redirection and you have to have access to the entire cluster by names that
they know about.

Posted by Naama Kraus <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,

--
oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo
00 oo 00 oo

Re: HDFS: Flash Application and Available APIs

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@veoh.com>.