Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2005/08/25 23:38:17 UTC

[Fwd: Re: additional drda datatypes]

Given the following response from the Open Group, this is what I propose
to do:

1) Build five new DRDA type ids into the Derby network client and
server. Details to follow, including a test plan and description of
compatibility between other and/or older drivers..

2) Enshrine the new type ids in an Addendum to the DRDA spec to be
pushed by the appropriate group at Sun. David, I will need your help
identifying and leveraging this group.

3) Circulate the Addendum to derby-dev in the hope that someone at IBM
will champion this extension also.

Comments? Objections?

Cheers,
-Rick