Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Byron Miller <by...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/15 04:00:17 UTC

summaries

Is there any way to extend the length of the summaries
or clean them up a bit? i'm getting lots of "...."
keyword "....." keyword and some blub "..." type
summaries

?

http://www.mozdex.com

Re: summaries

Posted by Jack Tang <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Byron

searcher.summary.length = 2 * searcher.summary.context + queryword.length(?)

Please refer to nutch-default.xml
<property>
  <name>searcher.summary.context</name>
  <value>5</value>
  <description>
  The number of context terms to display preceding and following
  matching terms in a hit summary.
  </description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>searcher.summary.length</name>
  <value>160</value>
  <description>
  The total number of terms to display in a hit summary.
  </description>
</property>

If I am wrong, correct me:)

Thanks