Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net> on 2014/04/20 23:39:59 UTC

HDFS and YARN security and interface impacts

We have an application that interfaces directly to HDFS and YARN (no MapReduce).  It does not currently support any Hadoop security other than the insecure "trust the client" defaults.  I've been doing some reading about Hadoop security, but it mostly assumes that applications will be MapReduce.  For a "native" YARN/HDFS application, what changes if any must be made to the API calls to support Kerberos or other authentication?  Does it just happen automatically at the OS level using the authenticated user ID of the process?  If there's a good reference I'd appreciate it.
john

HDFS and YARN security and interface impacts

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.
Hi, can anyone help me with this?

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.