Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> on 2014/09/05 16:13:03 UTC

NPE thrown by DefaultFaceletFactory._createViewMetadataFacelet when using MyFaces 2.2.4. Why?

I am getting the following exception when browsing to a JSF page when using MyFaces 2.2.4 and Karaf 3.0.1.  No exception is thrown when using MyFaces 2.1.15.  The only difference is which version of myfaces-api and myfaces-impl are installed.

Should MyFaces 2.2 work in Karaf 3.0.1?
  If so, what needed to make it work?

***
* Exception thrown when using MyFaces 2.2.4
***

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.DefaultFaceletFactory._createViewMetadataFacelet(DefaultFaceletFactory.java:410)
	at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.DefaultFaceletFactory.access$100(DefaultFaceletFactory.java:57)
	at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.DefaultFaceletFactory$2.newInstance(DefaultFaceletFactory.java:131)
	at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.DefaultFaceletFactory$2.newInstance(DefaultFaceletFactory.java:128)
	at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.FaceletCacheImpl.getViewMetadataFacelet(FaceletCacheImpl.java:114)
	at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.FaceletCacheImpl.getViewMetadataFacelet(FaceletCacheImpl.java:51)
	at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.DefaultFaceletFactory.getViewMetadataFacelet(DefaultFaceletFactory.java:509)
	at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.DefaultFaceletFactory.getViewMetadataFacelet(DefaultFaceletFactory.java:493)
	at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage._getViewMetadataFacelet(FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage.java:2584)
	at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage.access$000(FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage.java:147)
	at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage$FaceletViewMetadata.createMetadataView(FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage.java:2738)
	at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RestoreViewExecutor.execute(RestoreViewExecutor.java:243)
	at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.executePhase(LifecycleImpl.java:196)
	at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:143)
	at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:198)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:684)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1496)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.internal.WelcomeFilesFilter.doFilter(WelcomeFilesFilter.java:185)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1467)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:499)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:69)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:137)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:557)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:231)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1086)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:240)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:428)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:193)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1020)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:135)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:77)

I am using the following to as a use case:
  https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.web/tree/master/samples/war-jsf-primefaces

Paul Spencer

Re: NPE thrown by DefaultFaceletFactory._createViewMetadataFacelet when using MyFaces 2.2.4. Why?

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Oh I forgot,
actually with Pax Web 4.0 the getBaseUrl() does resolve to bundle://636.1:0/
while with Pax Web 3.x it returns a null.

regards, Achim

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Paul,

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.