Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/28 11:45:51 UTC

IT test in the maven war plugin

Hi,

Olivier has added recently the structure for IT tests which is a great
idea. I've faced a very annoying issue however. It seems that the
invoker does not use the current development version of the plugin but
the latest release (2.1-alpha-1).

I had to hard code the current dev version to make an IT work with
recent changes. How can we make sure that the invoker runs the latest
version of the code? Can anyone who knows how this thing works have a
look at it?

Thanks,
Stéphane

--
Large Systems Suck: This rule is 100% transitive. If you build one,
you suck" -- S.Yegge

Re: IT test in the maven war plugin

Posted by olivier lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
I have the same issue with the site plugin when I have added an it.
Have a look at the pom [1] to see how goals are invoked :
<goal>${project.groupId}:${project.artifactId}:${project.version
}:site</goal>
With this notation no harcoding in the it poms.

--
Olivier

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-site-plugin/pom.xml

2007/10/28, Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Olivier has added recently the structure for IT tests which is a great
> idea. I've faced a very annoying issue however. It seems that the
> invoker does not use the current development version of the plugin but
> the latest release (2.1-alpha-1).
>
> I had to hard code the current dev version to make an IT work with
> recent changes. How can we make sure that the invoker runs the latest
> version of the code? Can anyone who knows how this thing works have a
> look at it?
>
> Thanks,
> Stéphane
>
> --
> Large Systems Suck: This rule is 100% transitive. If you build one,
> you suck" -- S.Yegge

Olivier