Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Raghu Chandra <ra...@cropin.in> on 2015/03/03 07:35:52 UTC

How to achieve SignUp using Facebook in ofBiz

Hi All,

I tried integrating FB signup in ofBiz, i can get the FB login done from
the application but how can i authenticate user depending on his Facebook
login so that he can access secure applications.

Thanks
--
Raghu Chandra K R
Lead Engineer NPI (New Product Initiative)

*cropin.co.in <http://cropin.co.in>*

Re: How to achieve SignUp using Facebook in ofBiz

Posted by Shi Jinghai <la...@qq.com>.
Hi Raghu,

I created a jira with a patch here:

Please try it and feedback if it doesn't work.

Kind Regards,

Shi Jinghai/Langhua Ltd.

在 2015-3-3,下午7:33,Raghu Chandra <ra...@cropin.in> 写道:

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Mmm, my intent was maybe not clear. I'll try to clarify.

According to the already "old adage": "If something is free, you are the product."

So when the SLO is provided by a companies like GOogle, Facebook, LinkedIn (Microsoft behind), youNameIt you are actually feeding their DBs

I read once that the race is now to get as much as data as possible to feed their AIs. The next goal is to provide more advanced services using AI.

And for a baby to learn you have to give (here) it much information (here data), that's what those companies are doing.

So my intent was to warn about this and to suggest to see if using an internal Identity Provider is not better than to rely on those companies
Of course at 1st glance it's obvosouly much easier to rely on them, think about future ;)

Just a 2cts warning

Jacques

Posted by Renuka Srishti <re...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

I have gone through the passport component earlier and yes we can use it to
extend for FB also. I have worked on its design process, here is the JIRA
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9701>

for the same to implement it. We will need an event for this FB user login
and authenticate this user and get the access token. Access token will help
to get user information. We can store user information, name, login id in
the database and create a person with this user login by calling
createPersonAndUserLogin service.
To store the information we have different entities for GitHub and
LinkedIn, same we will do for the Facebook also.
This is just an overview of the design. The complete design will share in
the JIRA soon.

Thanks
Renuka Srishti

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.