Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Gunnar Tapper <gu...@esgyn.com> on 2015/11/14 07:13:39 UTC

Building docs

Hi,

I’m a little confused by docs/client_install and other directories. If I am
reading the pom.xml file correctly, there’s an intent to us asciidocs to
populate docs/target/docs with PDF versions of the manuals.

Problem is, the files in the manual directories are .xml files and not
.adoc files. Has this ever worked, am I missing something, or is this work
in progress where I can convert the .xml files into .adoc format?

Thanks,

Gunnar

RE: Building docs

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <gu...@esgyn.com>.
Thanks. I'm referring to documents in the /docs directory; for example, he
SQL Reference Guide.

Gunnar

DCS and REST do have adoc formats. Matt Brown had converted dcs from
docbooks to asciidocs and had put in a very good documentation on
asciidocs - hope this is useful.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafodion/blob/master/dcs/src/main/asciidoc/_chapters/appendix_contributing_to_documentation.adoc

Regards
Arvind