Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com> on 2019/02/01 14:58:43 UTC

Path to Turbine 5 release - friendly reminder to vote

Hi Turbine devs,

I wanted to highlight the great progress we've made so far, what is
pending on the voting front and the next steps for fulcrum component
release to get us to a point where we can finally make an official
Turbine 5.0 release!

Fulcrum components published to date:

1. fulcrum-yaafi-crypto 1.0.7
2. fulcrum-testcontainer 1.0.8
3. fulcrum-fulcrum-factory 1.1.1
4. fulcrum-mimetype 1.0.6
5. fulcrum-pool 1.0.5
6. fulcrum-localization 1.0.7  (release on hold due to shared artifact
repository with xslt - not sure how that happened)
7. fulcrum-json 2.0.0

Fulcrum components with pending votes:

1. fulcrum-crypto 1.0.8
  + 1 - Jeffery Painter

2. fulcrum-xslt 1.1.1
  +1 Jeffery Painter
  +1 Georg Kallidis

Next steps:

Once we close out the two open modules above, I will begin preparing for:

1. fulcrum-parser 2.0.0
2. fulcrum-quartz 1.1.1
3. fulcrum-intake 2.0.0
4. fulcrum-security 1.1.3
   I may need some help on this one Georg as you have spent more time
working on this than I have

As of now, turbine 5 in SVN is still dependent on (6) SNAPSHOT releases
including those two with pending votes (crypto and xslt). Once those are
cleared, we will be down to just the 4 above.

I am happy to say I have been running Turbine 5 with all the snapshots
in production (I am brave haha!) for a couple of months now,  and I have
not had any complaints :-)

Thank you all for your support and work on making Turbine what it is.  I
am still a huge fan of this project, and I have really appreciated
getting to know the code base better over the past couple months.

I am starting a new job next week (full time) with a biotech startup in
Boston, and so my contributions will probably be limited a bit more to
my off hours in the evenings.

Thanks,
Jeffery Painter