Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Marcin ZajÄ…czkowski <ms...@wp.pl> on 2007/06/28 08:04:49 UTC

Re: Working copy locked, svn cleanup cannot complete...

On 2007-05-04 17:45, Brock Nichol wrote:
> I managed to delete a directory "triangle_knob" (that I no longer needed
> for
> my project) and commit the changes; however, now I can't update my working
> copy because that directory is needed to unlock the working copy...
>
> I can't figure out what to do at this point besides svnadmin obliterate,
> since luckily the revision history for this project should not need to be
> used.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do?
>
> chol$ svn status
> ?      src
>  L    .
> ?      cursor/SDLMain.m
> ?      cursor/FSight-cursor
> ?      cursor/SDLMain.h
> M      cursor/Makefile
> ~      triangle_knob
>
> chol$ svn update
> subversion/libsvn_wc/lock.c:158: (apr_err=155004)
> svn: Working copy '.' locked
> svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for
> details)
>
> chol$ svn cleanup
> subversion/libsvn_wc/log.c:1567: (apr_err=155007)
> svn: 'triangle_knob' is not a working copy directory
>
> in Mac OS 10.4.8

Hi,

I have similar situation (subversion-1.3.2, Fedora Core 6).
I had to:
  - "externally" remove that directory from my system,
  - svn clean (to unlock parent directory)
  - svn revert directory (to remove "missing tag")

Is it possible to do that internally in subversion?

Regards
Marcin