Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by petermity <6t...@dea.spamcon.org> on 2009/05/05 07:09:20 UTC

Hotcopy corrupt?

I compared a hotcopy to the original repo.  It is missing files
write-lock and txn-current-lock.  How can I get a complete
backup?

Re: Hotcopy corrupt?

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.
On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 4:19 AM, petermity <6t...@dea.spamcon.org> wrote:
[snip]
> From subsequent descriptions, these files are critical for proper
> internal locking.
>
> So, there are only two possibilities:
>
> A.  Hotcopy is defective in not keeping these files.
>
> -or-
>
> B.  SVN is uselessly littering the repo with files that are not
>    needed (which must mean they are created as needed).
>

> Which is it?

A.  The lock files are created if they're missing.

-John

Re: Hotcopy corrupt?

Posted by petermity <6t...@dea.spamcon.org>.
Since nobody has replied, I poked around and found in:

<http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/subversion/libsvn_fs_fs/structure>

These mentions:

  txn-current         File containing the next transaction key
  write-lock          Empty file, locked to serialise writers
  txn-current-lock    Empty file, locked to serialise 'txn-current'