Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Anthony Patience <fg...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/24 07:42:11 UTC

Problem with downloaded 'Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_MacOS_x86_install_en-US.dmg'

I have been using apache open office for years without any problems, but today I have been plagued with problems which resulted in me deleting my original download and RE-DOWNLOADING again.

This has caused even more problems and I now get messages as follows -

Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_MacOS_x86_install_en-US.dmg is on the disk image. Safari downloaded this disk image today from sourceforge.net

The last time you opened OpenOffice, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?

If you choose not to reopen windows, you may have to open and position the windows yourself.

THESE ARE THE ‘DISK IMAGE’ FILES WHICH HAVE DOWNLOADED BUT NOT, NOT CORRECT!!!!

LICENCES 50 kb            Open Office.app 159.3 MB        READMEs 8 kb

Please can you help me to download the proper version so that I can get working again??

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME!

Sincerely

Anthony Patience

Re: Problem with downloaded '­Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_M­acOS_x86_install_en-US.d

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 05:42:11 -0000, Anthony Patience <fg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The last time you opened OpenOffice, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?

this is a known issue, see here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0.1+Release+Notes#AOO4.0.1ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

as for the rest, all i know about macintoshes is that it is a sort of apples.