Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/30 00:28:42 UTC

tag help ASAP

Hi,
I get a result set from a query which has id and description, now I have to show the it in select tag some thing like this,

<select name="option">

<option value="id1">desc1</option>

 <option value="id2">desc2</option>

 </select>

 I think that i can use <html:options> tag which will do my work, but i m not sure how to use it, how do to define the bean, and also how to set the properties, does anyone have sample code of the bean and the tag for that bean options tag, it will help me alot..
Thanx
Ashish

A$HI$H

Re: tag help ASAP

Posted by Tiago Nodari <tn...@brturbo.com>.
         Look at the example application in the subscription.jsp and in the
tour.htm has the explanation on how it works...

         there is a really simple way of doing it, that is the only way I
know how to do it...

         hope it helps..,..

         tiago

At 03:28 PM 8/29/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi,
>I get a result set from a query which has id and description, now I have
>to show the it in select tag some thing like this,
>
><select name="option">
>
><option value="id1">desc1</option>
>
>  <option value="id2">desc2</option>
>
>  </select>
>
>  I think that i can use <html:options> tag which will do my work, but i m
> not sure how to use it, how do to define the bean, and also how to set
> the properties, does anyone have sample code of the bean and the tag for
> that bean options tag, it will help me alot..
>Thanx
>Ashish
>

>A$HI$H

>Yahoo! Finance - Get real-time stock quotes

cya,

Tiago Nodari
www.nodari.org