Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Osama Elnaggar <oe...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/10 04:54:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Proxying WebSockets + Event MPM

Hi,

I was wondering if idle websocket connections still tie up a thread or not
when using the event MPM + proxy mode.  According to this thread -
http://apache-http-server.18135.x6.nabble.com/LongPolling-WebSockets-connection-handling-amp-max-connections-td5021134.html
there
was experimental support in trunk (back in 2015) to offload them. Did this
ever make it to 2.4 and if so, starting from which version?  Thanks.

--
Osama Elnaggar

Re: [users@httpd] Proxying WebSockets + Event MPM

Posted by Osama Elnaggar <oe...@gmail.com>.
Thank you.

--
Osama Elnaggar

On November 10, 2017 at 10:31:43 PM, Eric Covener (covener@gmail.com) wrote:

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 11:54 PM, Osama Elnaggar <oe...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if idle websocket connections still tie up a thread or
not
> when using the event MPM + proxy mode. According to this thread -

http://apache-http-server.18135.x6.nabble.com/LongPolling-WebSockets-connection-handling-amp-max-connections-td5021134.html
> there was experimental support in trunk (back in 2015) to offload them.
Did
> this ever make it to 2.4 and if so, starting from which version? Thanks.

That is still a trunk-only feature.

Re: [users@httpd] Proxying WebSockets + Event MPM

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.