Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by O-One <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/15 12:33:05 UTC

[users@httpd] Securing Apche

Hello all, need to know if there is SSL in the binary version of Apache, (Not tht I know how SSL works, but I heard it can secure a site) If not, what is the best way to secure Apache. I have been creating websites that are NOT mission critical, but I am looking at creating one that needs to be secured, and I am concerned that someone out there might hijack the site and vandalize it / take it over.

So what exactly can I do to secure an Apache webserver that can help me out. Please let me know if I am not asking the right question.

Thank you

Ola